View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:31 pm

RIP Cleo 
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post RIP Cleo
This morning we woke up and found our Tibetan Mastiff, Cleo had passed away. She was only 4 years old. Last month she started having some bladder problems. They gave us meds to control the leaking which it did, but there are a lot of causes of why she was having those problems and we had found out that it could be a tumor or something neurological or something else. She was a wonderful girl. Buster who was raised by Cleo seems to be lost today. I think we all are. It was just a shock. She died peacefully in her sleep. RIP Cleo. She brought a lot of joy to us.

Attachments:
007 - Copy (2).JPG
007 - Copy (2).JPG [ 453.52 KiB | Viewed 1020 times ]
471.JPG
471.JPG [ 527.37 KiB | Viewed 1020 times ]
Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: RIP Cleo
REST IN PEACE CLEO...GONE TOO SOON.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 am

My condolences. It's never easy, young or old.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:07 am
Profile E-mail

My deepest condolences, George. :cry: May Cleo await you at the Rainbow Bridge.

www.victorylanesavannahs.com

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thank you everyone. It's been a really rough day. This was so unexpected. She was outside playing with the other dogs last night and at supper and was fine when we went to bed. It's just so surprising. Thank you for your kind words.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

So sorry for your family's loss. She went much too soon but had a great life all the way to the end.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:10 pm
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Thank you. She did leave us way too soon. What baffles us is that there were no signs of anything. She had been dealing with an incontinence issue for the last couple months but was on meds for that and was doing great. I don't know. I guess it was just her time. The kids took it really hard today, but they are doing good, and we talked about all of the funny things Cleo did. One funny thing is Our St. Bernard Rosie is about 175 pounds, and Cleo was about 70 pounds, but Cleo was in charge of Rosie. lol. If Rosie was in her way or had a toy that Cleo wanted she would just bark at her and Rosie would drop it and let Cleo have it, or if she was in her spot Cleo would push her out of the way and just plop herself down and just look at Rosie like"I'm in charge here sister" lol. We have so many fond memories of Cleo from her short life.

I don't know if I ever told the story but Michelle rescued Cleo from an abusive owner. They beat her with a broom stick mostly or whatever was handy, and she was tied to a 6 foot chain to a dog box, just full of fleas and bare spots all over from scratching. Cleo was afraid of everything when Michelle first got her, and it took a lot of work and time but Cleo turned out to be a wonderful girl. There were a lot of times where I noticed where she would flinch or back up really fast if any fast movements were made. I think that she always remembered her past with those abusive people. But she never showed signs of aggression, and was always a good girl.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Thank God for your family's loving care of Cleo. You gave her the greatest gift of all...LOVE. May those that hurt her never find love themselves until make amends for their horrible behavior.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:52 am
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Wow, how sad!! I am so very sorry George :innocent: She went way too soon, but had a great life with you. She knew she was loved, no doubt :cat:

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail WWW